This is the first in a series called Timbercrest Healthy Recipe of the Month, part of our effort to become a Healthier Tennessee Neighborhood.
Mini Pepper Pizzas
4 bell peppers, halved and cored
1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
4 medium mushrooms, halved and sliced
1/4 cup olives, sliced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients for sauce in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium for 10 minutes. Or use 1/2 cup store bought.
- On a sheet pan, drizzle peppers with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce into each pepper half. Leave room for cheese and toppings.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan and top with mushrooms, olives, and onion. Or chose your own favorite small toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are tender but crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with rosemary and oregano.
Adapted from Delish's Mini Pepper Pizzas
Check out their great video!