The pool is open.
Help us have a safe and fun summer by following the posted Knox County Health Department guidelines:
- Practice Social Distancing - Stay 6 feet away from others who are not part of your household whenever possible even in the water.
- Wear cloth face coverings - Wear a mask if you prefer. Do not wear masks while in the water.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly - Soap is available in the restrooms. Bring hand sanitizer.
- Clean frequently-touched surfaces - Volunteer for nightly sanitization of bathrooms and furniture following CDC recommendations.
- Stay home when sick - Don’t come to the pool if you or a family member is feeling ill.
Here are some other considerations for the pool:
- The max number of people for a gathering is 50. No parties during Phase 2. Consider going to the pool at off peak times to spread the crowd out.
- Enjoy the water. The CDC says COVID-19 does not live in pool water itself.
- Show courtesy to others.
Volunteer for the last few tasks this weekend or jobs throughout the season. More people means less work!
The Timbercrest Recreation Club pool board has been recognized with a Community Commitment certificate for following the Knox County/City of Knoxville Phased Reopening Plan. Read more: https://covid.knoxcountytn.gov
Apply now: Membership Application
Since the Timbercrest pool was built in the late 1960s, it has been enjoyed by many generations of Timbercrest residents. It usually opens in May and closes in September – depending on the weather. It features a large, newly rebuilt kiddie pool as well as many tables with umbrellas and chairs. There is a volleyball net, grill, and fire pit. The pool has lap lanes, large steps (with a handrail), and a basketball net. The facilities include restrooms, a large shelter for shade, and an ample parking lot.
The pool is maintained by the Timbercrest Recreation Club, Inc. Maintenance, painting, cleaning, and more is done by neighborhood volunteers. In prior years, we rebuilt and re-tiled the kiddie pool, painted the pool, installed a new pump, dug ditches, and put in a grate to correct drainage. We added a concrete table, six new lounge chairs, and seven umbrellas. A life ring, metal signs, and hand rail were also purchased. The City of Knoxville health inspection scores range from 96 to 100.
Membership fees for 2020 are:
- $275 for Timbercrest families
- $300 for non-resident families
- $150 for Timbercrest singles and grandparents
- $175 for non-resident singles and grandparents
A family is defined as one or two adults and their dependents who are under the age of 19 or is a full time student (with valid ID). All family members must reside at same address or a person for whom the member(s) claims a tax deduction. Adults over the age of 25 living in the same household will be an additional $100.00 each.
Guest’s fee will be $5.00 per day per person per day. No Charge for out of town guest. Guest are restricted to 5 visits per season. Numbers of guest per day are limited to 4. Fee or guest pass must be turned in the day of visit. Pool members can earn free guest passes by volunteer work. A volunteer opportunities are available year round. Guest passes can also be earned by purchasing $100 worth of Food City gift cards from Greg Locke (865-584-8839). Gift cards are available in $25, $50, or $100 denominations.
Members can hold parties at the Timbercrest pool for a $50.00 usage fee and $5.00 per swimmer. Also, a Red Cross certified life guard will be required at member’s expense. Please note, parties are not private. Other pool members will be allowed access to the pool/amenities during scheduled party hours.
Applications are available at the pool gate or for download as a PDF: TRC Membership Application 2020.pdf
New for this year you can:
- apply online at: https://timbercrestrecreationclub.square.site/application
- pay online at: https://timbercrestrecreationclub.square.site
An application and payment is needed for all memberships.
Share your feedback on the application and payment process.
Policies, By-Laws, meeting notes, forms, and discussion are available on the Recreation Club forum (Log in required).
If you are intested in donating to the pool, read how to Become a Sponsor Member.
We need volunteers to help prepare for opening the pool in 2020. Contact us if you can help. See the list of Volunteer tasks.
The pool board would like to know your opinion about the pool. One way to tell us what you think is to fill out the 2020 Timbercrest Pool Survey.
Everyone is welcome to fill out the survey. We learn a lot, even from those who choose not to join the pool.
To get in touch with the Timbercrest Recreation Club, use the contact form or any of these methods:
Subscribe to pool mailing list (NEW!): https://timbercrestneighborhood.org/mailinglist/
Phone: (865) 297-3374
Address: 5247 Lance Dr. Knoxville, TN 37909
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/timbercrestpool