I love making seasonal cookies with my family. This recipe is one of my favorites since it is so high in protein and low in sugar! - Whitney Holliday (Smoky Trail)
Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies (1 dozen)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients and slowly add them to the dry ingredients. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops about two inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven then let the cookies set up on the baking sheet for another 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
This is the ninth in a series called Timbercrest Healthy Recipe of the Month, part of our effort to become a Healthier Tennessee Neighborhood. To submit a recipe suggestion, Contact Us. Check out the entire collection of Recipes of the Month.